Logan Couch, PE
Mr. Couch joined ADE in 2016 as an assistant engineer while earning his EIT. Mr. Couch became a licensed civil engineer in the State of California in 2018 and has become a lead project engineer and manager for ADE while completing his master’s degree in civil engineering at Fresno State. Mr. Couch has been an active member of the engineering community and constantly strives to better himself through continuing education, others by example and our staff thru quality leadership. Mr. Couch has become an invaluable asset to ADE and we look forward to great things from him in the future.
California State University Fresno (CSUF), Fresno, CA
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Currently Enrolled
Northern Arizona University (NAU), Flagstaff, AZ
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Developed skills using engineering programs such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, SAP 2000, RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, Enercalc and Retain Pro.
- Executed structural engineering calculations such as: deformations, stress/strain, virtual work and force method of analysis.
Volunteer Experience & Organization:
- American Institute of Steel Construction-Student Member, 2017-Current
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASEC)-Student Member, 2015-Current
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)-Student Member, 2017-Current
- APA The Engineered Wood Association-Member, 2017-Current
- Harmony Magnet Academy School of Engineering-Advisory Board, 2017-Current
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Vice President of NAU Chapter, 2015-2016
- American Society of Engineers (ASCE) Steel Bridge Competition, 2015-2016
- Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP)-Member, 2014-2016
- Global Engineering Outreach (GEO)-Member, 2014-2016
- Resilience of Steel Concentrically Braced Frames with Friction Dampers
- Assisted in a NAU transportation study titled, “Green Bike Lane Conflict Study”
- Assisted in a RTK survey for NAU Facilities Services
Awards & Honors:
- Southern California Edison Energy Research Award
- CSUF Graduate Net Initiative Grant
- CSUF Graduate Research Grant
- Southern California Gas Company Entrepreneur Scholarship
- UABT Scholarship
- SAAK Scholarship
- Mangini Associates Architectural/Engineering Scholarship
Employment & Intern History:
07/18-Current Project Engineer, Associated Design and Engineering, Fresno, CA
Manage industrial, commercial and residential structural design projects. Manage draftsmen and structural interns. Perform vertical and lateral analysis for various building and non-building structures using SAP2000, RISA 3D and other Finite Element Analysis programs.
07/18-Current Adjunct Instructor, College of the Sequoias, Visalia, CA
Developed new curriculum for the Construction Technology Program for the Structural Inspections course. Implemented new course curriculum to prospective building inspectors and contractors.
07/17-07/18 Assistant Engineer, City of Porterville Public Works Department, Porterville CA
Managed various public works projects including roadway maintenance, roadway improvements and City building design projects. Completed structural plan and calculation review for the building permit process. Assisted in the development of new public works standards.
05/16-07/17 Engineer in Training, Associated Design and Engineering, Fresno, CA
Assist in managing draftsmen and structural interns. Perform vertical and lateral analysis for multi-story structures using hand calculation methods and program models. Initiates and maintains working relationships with contractors and consultants during the design process.
03/15-05/16 Project Intern, Hubbard Merrell Engineering, Flagstaff, AZ
Performed structural engineering calculations for wood, steel, concrete and masonry structures. Inspected components of structures ensuring compliance with governing regulations. Developed skills required to use structural engineering programs such as RISA 3D, RISA Foundations, Enercalc and Retain Pro.
10/12-03/15 Transportation Engineering Intern, City of Flagstaff, Flagstaff, AZ
Demonstrated management skills for multiple municipal projects conducted throughout Flagstaff. Performed transportation analysis including traffic volume/speed measurements, traffic control device warrants and pedestrian safety studies. Developed extensive project reports including job cost estimates, traffic warrant analysis, and engineering design.
06/09– 08/12 Construction Worker, ALC Construction, Porterville, CAAssisted in managing construction sites and overseeing sub-contractor labor. Completed a variety of major and minor job estimates. Performed tasks required for remodeling homes & commercial buildings.